– 79% of UK adults have an active Facebook account(ref Statista 2019).
Facebook is the largest social channel for business, with the largest number of users. The vast majority of businesses should be on Facebook.
– Google Business is important for all business types. Regular posting on Google Business are directly onto the Google network, and therefore may have a bneficial effect on seo.
– 41% of UK adults have an active Instagram account(ref Statista 2019).
Instagram is not in itself a marketing platform. It is most suited to visually based businesses. We can discuss wether Instagram would be right for your business.
– 36% of UK adults have a Pinterest account(ref Statista 2019).
Pinterest has a very large slice of the market in the USA.Like Instagram, Pinterest is a visual social channel. It tends to have a slightly older, mostly female user base, making it ideal for promoting holiday homes, travel and fashion. It is about aspirational marketing.
– 34% of UK adults have a Linkedin account. Two million UK adults have Linkedin profiles.(ref Statista 2019).
LinkedIn is a business channel, for connecting with professionals. Over 21 million people in the UK are on LinkedIn. Having complete business profile is valuable for adding business credibility. One in every three professionals in the world is on LinkedIn.
– 79% of UK adults have a YouTube account(ref Statista 2019).
Videos are more popular than ever. And people engage more with videos than written words. YouTube is now the 2nd largest search engine in the worked, and YouTube features highly in search results.