Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are so the client is aware of the breakdown of certain processes during the web design process or other web design services. They are to help keep the pace of the web design moving forwards and to allow the designer to achieve realistic time scale in which the website will be completed. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
- The concept design phase is in 3 stages.
- If the client is not satisfied with the first concept design, a complete redesign can be put into place using the client’s comments and feedback.
- If the client is not satisfied after the second concept design – minor amendments or alterations can be made based on the client’s comments and feedback.
- From this stage, the design concept and structure has been agreed.
- The next stage is construction. Any further changes to be made to the graphic design and agreed structure during the construction phase may result in a delay in the completion time and could result in a further charge for any extra time allocated by the designer.
- Images that are required to complete the web design can be resized as agreed by the client and the designer. Any images the client wishes to have graphically altered would incur an extra cost. Any photo editing required to pictures can be discussed with the designer.
- All written content must be provided by the client. If a client wishes the designer to write any additional content, a further charge will be quoted. Content for text and images must be sent in a digital format. We cannot accept information via the post or photographs.
- Once the website has been designed and constructed, and the client has confirmed by email approval of the completed website, the website will be deemed complete. If the client wishes to make any changes after the website has been published they will have to contact the designer to discuss.
- Websites at the completed stage will be tested using the most up to date versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, IExplore and Safari.
- Once the web pages are complete, the client can choose to maintain the web pages themselves or contract the designer to update as and when required at an extra cost.
- Completion times for websites will always vary dependant on the size and form of the web design, the designer receiving the content from the client and the client’s approval at various stages of the website concept and construction phases.
- The designer will advise the client on the best host for their website and also upload the website once complete. The designer will then provide details for access to edit the website.
- Should the client fail to provide Afford Web Design with relevant content to complete the job within a reasonable time frame i.e 6 months, Afford Web Design has the right to utilise the Time is of the Essence Law and charge a suitable amount for the work completed so far and close the contract.
- The client will gain access to the site and the site will be live upon receipt of the final payment to Afford Web Design.
- All design and coding created by Afford Web Design is copyrighted and may be reproduced and altered for other clients.
- Graphics/images purchased by Afford Web Design from third party companies may also be reproduced for other clients.
- Any images which are supplied &/or owned by the client will not be reproduced by Afford Web Design for any other clients.
- Any future issues with the site once the build has been finished would incur a fee.
- If site isn’t completed within a three month time frame, outstanding balance is requested.
- All creation files remain the intellectual property of Afford Web Design.
- Terms of Payment: A 25% non-refundable deposit of the full fee is required at commencement of the project, with the outstanding amount payable on completion of the website.
If the Final payment is not received 14 days after invoice issued, Afford Web Design reserves the right to take down the site.