TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of the information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design details
23. Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design of The Drift, Rattlesden Road, Drinkstone, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP30 9TL operates the Website https://afford-web-design.co.uk.
You can contact Anne Lane trading as Afford Web Design by email on email@example.com.
24. The above terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
Additional terms and conditions so the client is aware of the breakdown of certain processes during the web design process or other web design services.
They are to help keep the pace of the web design moving forwards and to allow the designer to achieve realistic time scale in which the website will be completed. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
- The concept design phase is in 3 stages.
- If the client is not satisfied with the first concept design, a complete redesign can be put into place using the client’s comments and feedback.
- If the client is not satisfied after the second concept design – minor amendments or alterations can be made based on the client’s comments and feedback.
- From this stage, the design concept and structure has been agreed.
- The next stage is construction. Any further changes to be made to the graphic design and structure agreed during the construction phase may result in a delay in the completion time and could result in a further charge for any extra time allocated by the designer.
- Images that are required to complete the web design can be resized as agreed by the client and the designer. Any images the client wishes to have graphically altered would incur an extra cost. Any photo editing required to pictures can be discussed with the designer.
- All written content must be provided by the client. If a client wishes the designer to write any additional content, a further charge will be quoted. Content for text and images must be sent in a digital format. We cannot accept information via the post or photographs.
- Once the website has been designed and constructed, and the client has confirmed by email approval of the completed website, the website will be deemed complete. If the client wishes to make any changes after the website has been published they will have to contact the designer to discuss.
- Websites at the completed stage will be tested using the most up to date versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, IExplore and Safari.
- Once the web pages are complete, the client can choose to maintain the web pages themselves or contract the designer to update as and when required at an extra cost.
- Completion times for websites will always vary dependant on the size and form of the web design, the designer receiving the content from the client and the client’s approval at various stages of the website concept and construction phases.
- The designer will advise the client on the best host for their website and also upload the website once complete. The designer will then provide details for access to edit the website.
- Should the client fail to provide Afford Web Design with relevant content to complete the job within a reasonable time frame i.e 6 months, Afford Web Design has the right to utilise the Time is of the Essence Law and charge a suitable amount for the work completed so far and close the contract.
- The client will gain access to the site and the site will be live upon receipt of the final payment to Afford Web Design.
- All design and coding created by Afford Web Design is copyrighted and may be reproduced and altered for other clients.
- Graphics/images purchased by Afford Web Design from third-party companies may also be reproduced for other clients.
- Any images which are supplied &/or owned by the client will not be reproduced by Afford Web Design for any other clients.
- Any future issues with the site once the build has been finished would incur a fee.
- If the site isn’t completed within a three-month time frame, the outstanding balance is requested.
- All creation files remain the intellectual property of Afford Web Design.
- Terms of Payment: A 30% non-refundable deposit of the full fee is required secure the booking date to start the project, with the outstanding amount payable on completion of the website. For large projects the details of payment schedule will be provided prior to commencement of work.